Taeyeon (SNSD) is racist? Do you believe in this story? Do you wanna know the truth behind that? Let’s discover with Xenews!
The Leader of SNSD is Involved in an exceedingly Racism Issue
All people are born in a very different culture and background, and that we don’t have the flexibility to decide on whether we wish to be raised in such a culture or family. The differences we’ve got can’t obstruct us to induce identical treatment as humans beings. Racism issues are present collectively of the oldest issues throughout our history and it’d seem that they will never be completely removed. It happened also with SNSD’s Taeyeon, the most vocal and also the leader, who has been called a racist thanks to her comment about artist Alicia Keys and a few of her reactions to black people.
Do you want to seek out out how Kim Taeyeon’s comment becomes a difficulty of controversy between her fans and non-fans? Check this out!
SNSD’s Taeyeon’s Racist Comment
It actually happened several years ago, when Taeyeon got invited to be interviewed in a very broadcast, the Chinchin broadcast. SNSD “leader” Kim Taeyeon started a discussion with co-host DJ, Kangin about her recent hospital visit in 2009.
Apparently, a nurse “refused” to offer her an IV shot which successively had her ranting about it during the live broadcast with such phrases as “But, if that person could be a nurse and if it’s really bad, then she could just provide a short while I’m laying down,” and “I’m not letting sick people head to that hospital.” She also kindly apologized by saying, “Fine fine. I purchase it with all the messages. It’s my fault for being sick, I’m SORRY.” After, of course, the message boards were bombarded with complaints by doctors and nurses.
And to form matters worse, after an Alicia Keys song was played, Taeyeon actually said this about the acclaimed RnB singer:
“For a Black, she’s really pretty”
After the publication was out, many of us regarded it as a racist comment. the subject became viral and was debated on many internet forums. But there are pros and cons to this comment. SONE, SNSD’s fans, didn’t take this as racism, but only a misunderstood meaning of nation translation of the Korean language and terms, which Taeyeon used.
Here are some comments from Korean netizens (source: TV report on Naver):
1. [+573, -9] Unni, you’re beautiful as you’re
2. [+458, -10] Alicia Keys is originally so beautiful anyway so
3. [+176, -7] I heard her album starting off this year, can’t wait. She includes a lot of great songs already. Hope she involves Korea once.
4. [+161, -11] Some people want it all~~~~
– but I don’t!!
– want nothing at all~
– if it ain’t you baby~~
– if I ain’t got you baby
– some people want diamond rings~
– what are these comments ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+50, -2] She’s prettier than the one that said she was pretty for a soul
6. [+43, -2] Worst thing Taeyeon has said: Alicia Keys is pretty for a somebody
7. [+36, -3] The one that called her pretty for a black person??? Well, Taeyeon has most gross cosmetic surgery now that Alicia Keys looks better than her with a bare face ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+22, -1] She looked so innocently pretty when she congratulated her during Beyonce’s award… I believed she a minimum of had light frame on
9. [+18, -0] Korea’s celebrities would never do that
10. [+25, -3] Taeyeon is “pretty for a black person”
11. [+7, -0] In our country… no makeup could be a big deal… ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Moreover, she also said that she wants her kids to be pale or in other words, to seem as white as they will be. Which, many folks thought to be a racism issue with black people and connected it together with her ‘insulting’ comment of Alicia Keys. Meanwhile, Alicia Keys may be a mixed-race person, while Taeyeon may be a pure Korean.
Concluding to the problem, does one think Taeyeon may be a racist? Or is it just a bearing of her education and cultural background?
However, it’s quite common for dark-skinned Asians to be made fun of among their own kind. In Asian culture, whether or not you’re actually average looking, if you’ve got fair skin, you’re considered attractive generally (but confine mind that beauty at the tip of the day is subjective).
The reason this can be baffling for western people is that their population is essentially multi-racial and that they are still acting on living with one another harmonic.
So an Asian that includes a fair skin fetish needn’t necessarily be racist since the fetish is often fulfilled within their own race. the actual fact of the matter is, despite the full “all Asians look the same” thing, Asians actually look pretty varied. But nowadays, there are lots of cultural mixes of Asians and Westerners, or maybe Africans, therefore the bottom line is we must always never judge or degrade someone from another race but respect one another despite our differences in race, religion, or culture.
Taeyeon (SNSD) is racist? Don’t forget to catch up with the South Korean celebrity’s news with us every day!