Let’s check information about the handsome Seventeen’s Vernon Chwe: Profile, Family, and much more!
Vernon is one of each of the members of the well-known, talented, and popular Korean boys band, Seventeen. he’s famous for his mixed-race looks, and in contrast to the opposite members, was born from an American mother and a Korean father. Although Vernon was born within the USA, his family actually moved to Korea when he was five, and he was raised within the Hongdae neighborhood. So, he was growing up surrounded by the Korean culture since he was a toddler.
He got cast by Pledis Entertainment at a railroad station ahead of his Gymnasium. He trained for 3 years and three months before making his debut with Seventeen. Before his debut, he appeared in Man of K’s “Falling” music video, Hello Venus’ “Venus” music video, and Orange Caramel’s “My Copycat” music video.
Profile and Facts of Vernon
- Stage Name: Vernon (버논)
- Birth Name: Hansol Vernon Chwe/Choi
- Hangul: 한솔최
- Date of Birth: February 18th, 1998
- Place of Birth: New York, United States
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Korean-American
- Height: 178 cm (5’10″)
- Weight: 62 kg (136 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Position: Main Rapper
- Agency: Pledis Entertainment
- Sub-Unit: Hip-Hop Team
- Instagram: @chwenotchew
Facts About Vernon
Here are some amusing facts about Vernon you’ll probably want to know:
- His anonym, Vernon, was picked because it’s his name and is additionally his mother’s cognomen.
- His favorite rappers are Drake, T.I, J.Cole, and Kendrick Lamar.
- His favorite singer is David Bowie.
- His favorite actors are Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Johnny Depp, and from the Korean actors, he likes Lee Byung-hun.
- He has an interest in fashion and he collects certain items, like hats. His favorite style is casual.
- His favorite dishes are Vanilla frozen dessert, chocolate, chocolate cakes, cheesecakes, and cheeseburgers.
- His hobbies include reading webtoons and watching movies, but he prefers watching movies to reading.
- He’s a Harry Potter and Star Wars fan. He even bought a BB-8 robot when he was in Japan.
- He likes dogs and cats and he has his own cat named Dodam.
- He’s also called Twix (a chocolate candy made by Mars). the rationale is that he had lots of snacks in Seventeen’s practice room.
- Although he once said that he has no favorite girl group, he was voted as a member who acts the cutest around girl groups, by the members. They said Vernon smiles together with his eyes around girls but not around Seventeen members.
- Vernon said that at once his Korean is far better than his English.
- He views himself as a free and easy-going person.
- He’s close with Pentagon member, Kino.
- His favorite seasons are summer and fall.
- He’s ticklish.
- A skill that he wishes he could have is Seung-kwan’s speaking skills.
- He’s a slow person. It always takes him the longest to try to do anything, so his hyungs sometimes scold him.
- Although he looks childish, he thinks deep sometimes. He values the importance of not discriminating against others for love or money.
Vernon is of mixed ethnicity. His father, Simon Chwe, is an artist, while his mother, Melody Chwe, is a teacher. Vernon features a younger sister, her name is Sofia Chwe.
Now you recognize how Vernon might be so handsome. study how handsome and delightful Vernon’s parents are:
Vernon’s sister is not any less beautiful than he’s. Examine her!
Vernon in Show Me the Money 4
Vernon joined Mnet’s survival program “Show Me the Money 4”, where he got plenty of criticism from the judges and fellow contestants of the show. He was eliminated during the third round.
Later on Seventeen’s show “Where is my Friend’s Hometown?” Vernon expressed his apology to the opposite members, saying that he felt he was being greedy when he decided to affix the show. But the members comforted him, saying that they knew that Vernon just wanted to assist the group gain the public’s interest and instead, they were jealous that individuals recognized Vernon more after joining the show (skip to minute 05:22).
Ideal Type and Dating Style
Quoting from an interview with Japanese Seventeen Magazine, Vernon said that he doesn’t care about appearance. He cares more about the girl’s personality and heart. So his ideal type is someone his heart can connect with. He once dated a woman during school. Originally posted on Nate Pann, Korean online forum:
“A guy in my school said his noona dated Vernon. I didn’t believe him but I got shocked once I saw this on Facebook today.”
Red mark: Vernon’s ex
Blue: Her friends
Feb 12, 2012
Ex’s status: “100 days”
Ex: “Thank you. Fortunately, I and Hansol contacted one another again.”
Friend: “Grats grats”
Ex: “Thank you kk”
Ex: “Thank you, unnie“
Friend: “I envy you kk”
Friend: “I know right, i actually do too kk”
Ex: “ㅋㅋ That’s right, be jealous, kids”
Friend: “What kkkk Seriously kk”
Friend: “Wow, 100 days? Was it yesterday?”
Friend: “Hope you cut up today -_- Tomorrow, Choi Hansol won’t get any chocolate.”
Feb 14, 2014
Friend wrote on ex’s timeline: “Can I be friends with Hansol? Will he decline my request…”
Ex: “You can kkkk You don’t need to ask me”
Friend: “Yay kk”
Ex: “kkkk It’s Hansol’s birthday this week”
When Vernon’s family moved to Korea, his mother failed to speak Korean the least bit, so his family kept communicating in English, that’s why Vernon’s English is incredibly good. take a look at this Live radio interview with K-Popular, an English K-Pop radio program based in Seoul with the duo group mutually, and also his appearance in an exceedingly Chinese show, Idol Hit.
If you wanna know more about Vernon, you’ll follow his activity on his Instagram account @chwenotchew. Let’s take a look at a number of his Instagram feeds!
Don’t forget to catch up with the latest Korean entertainment news with us every day!