Let’s check the Yuri height! I believe you guys will be surprised when knowing her profile and fact! Get ready with Xenews!
The Sexy Queen, Kwon Yuri of SNSD
Kwon Yuri, or just Yuri, is best referred to as a member of the South Korean girl group called Girls’ Generation (SNSD) under SM Entertainment. She was signed to SM Entertainment in 2001 at age eleven and at last, made her idol debut in August 2007. Alongside her in SNSD, there are Taeyeon, Yoona, Sunny, and Hyoyeon and formerly Tiffany, Seohyun, Sooyoung, and Jessica.
Aside from her group activities, she became a number of the MBC music program Show! Music Core with fellow member Tiffany in 2009, made her official acting debut in SBS’s drama series Fashion King in 2012, and appeared on various shows occasionally. Her best appearance on a show was when she joined as a G7 member in KBS’s Invincible Youth.
Full Profile of Yuri
Birth Name: Kwon Yu Ri (권유리)
Stage Name: Yuri (유리)
Nicknames: Black Pearl, Yul, BK Yuri, Kkab Yul, Prankster Yul
Position: Lead Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist
Birthplace: Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Birthday: December 5, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Blood Type: AB
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 166 cm (5’5″)
Weight : 46 kg (101 lbs)
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Body Type: Athletic
Shoe Size: 7 (US)
Dress Size: 2 (US)
Hobbies: Studying, swimming, exercising (yoga)
Specialties: Chinese, swimming, dancing, acting
Languages: Korean, Chinese, Japanese, English
Training: 5 Years 11 Months
Siblings: Older brother named Kwon Hyuk Jun
Pet: A dog named Hani
Education: Neunggok High School; Chungang University, Major in Theatre and Film
Facts About Yuri
- She was cast during the 2001 SM 1st Annual Youth Best Contest (Best Dancer, 2nd Place).
- She also auditioned to SM by making dinosaur noises.
- Among her nicknames are “Black Pearl” and “Cola”, both referring to her unique personality and her tanned skin.
- Her other nicknames from Invincible Youth were Class-President Yul and Yoochi-ri Village’s Daughter-in-Law.
- Her nickname BK Yuri was given to her by baseball players after they saw her pitch sidearm in 2007 at a Doosan Bears game. The initial “BK” comes from a famous baseball pitcher named Kim Byung Hyun.
- Though Yuri is one of the lead dancers, she said that she’s the slowest to learn new moves.
- Hyoyeon used to be angry at Yuri and treated her like an enemy because she was jealous of how many people thought Yuri was the best dancer in SNSD.
- Sunny and Yuri are the ones who get the choreography wrong most of the time.
- Yuri is known for having a husky voice among the SNSD members.
- She is SNSD’s biggest prankster. Yuri once tied the other 8 members’ shoelaces together and ran away.
- Yuri once scared the girls with her fake rat. She put it in their garbage can and covered it while leaving the tail exposed.
- Yuri is adventurous.
- Yuri is a really optimistic person and a really competitive person, too.
- Yuri’s attitude changes when she sees or is with a handsome guy.
- Yuri is the organization queen. Everyone knows it.
- When Yuri is focused on something, she doesn’t pay attention to other things (Win Win Ep. 11).
- Yuri cries often when talking about other members.
- Yuri forgets the lyrics very frequently.
- Yuri is also a bug catcher.
- Yuri was a tomboy since she grew up playing with her oppa and his friends.
- She thinks her charming point is her eyebrows.
- Her diary, perfume, and a book are the items she must have when she leaves the house.
- Her beauty must-have is to drink a lot of water.
- Yuri goes to the same school as Big Bang’s Seungri.
- Yuri and Sooyoung were schoolmates.
- Yuri has an ahjussi fan who used to manage and deliver them Chinese food. He always came with free dishes for the girls because he liked Yuri very much (Sweet Night EP 04 – SNSD [01.31.10]).
- Yuri is one of the shikshins in SNSD (big eater).
- Yuri can play the violin, and she knows ballet.
- Yuri is bad at badminton.
- She can’t do math well.
- Yuri can lick her own nose.
- Yuri is not afraid of ghosts.
- Yuri can make imitate Oh Duri.
- Yuri can’t cook. But, she holds cooking contests with Taeyeon sometimes. And, as expected, Taeyeon is always the winner.
- Her favorite movie: Mother
- Yuri collects Mickey Mouse items. She also likes anime/manga Crayon Shin-chan.
- Yuri likes to collect candles, and the most recent one she bought looks like chocolate and even smells like chocolate.
- Yuri likes kissing stuff. Hyoyeon revealed that in Hello Baby.
- Yuri used to own a blog (tossi) and had to post a baby picture to prove it was really her. You can read trans at ssf.
- Yuri puts so much lotion on that when she sleeps, you can see that the pillow is very creamy and wet.
- Yuri takes care of her health a lot and knows many healthy things. She’s almost known as the 2nd health member.
- Yuri used to be very skinny before being cast in Unstoppable Marriage, but after appearing in the sitcom with Sooyoung, her weight increased by 5kg! Interestingly, Sooyoung didn’t gain any weight at all over the same time period.
- Yuri’s laughter was so loud that she woke a foreigner from his sleep.
- Yuri sleeps with her tongue out.
- Sunny once said that Yuri’s sleeptalks are the most extreme and toughest she’s ever seen.
- Yuri sleepwalking consists of getting up, turning on the light, checking her cellphone, and then turning off the light (PKL’s WO – “Dangerous Invitation”).
- She talks to herself. Like, a lot. She both encourages and scolds herself.
- She has fun doing things that most people would find downright embarrassing like showing off body hair.
- Yuri has a mole right above her belly button.
- Yuri would prefer to go to the future instead of the past because she said that the future would be more challenging than the past.
- Yuri is scared of elephants. When SNSD went to Thailand to promote, she was the only one who didn’t ride on the elephant.
- Yuri’s ideal type: “I wish he is really affectionate. A guy that shows his warmth even when you’re just looking at him. I can’t say that he’s a good guy if he’s fussy or sharp.”
- Yuri said that she was a huge fan of G.O.D in the past and held a blue balloon. She also said that Kim Tae Woo was her favorite G.O.D member. But, she said he wasn’t her ideal type in Invincible Youth.
- On KJE Chocolate, Yuri chose Justin Timberlake as her ideal guy and said that if they got married, they would dance while eating every morning and dance while walking down the street and sing together.
- Yuri’s dream man is Song Seung Heon, a super famous Hallyu star and someone she looks up to since most of her friends (who are girls) seem to want their boyfriends to be like him or want someone like him. He is also SNSD’s overall ideal man they chose from their episode of Sweet Night (Ideal World Cup segment aired on Feb 7th, 2010).
- Her favorite quote is, “Life is something to be enjoyed, not something you just tolerate”.